Hassan Abouhouli MD, Dallas Buck APRN, Joshua Moushon APRN, Kallie Garrett APRN are experts in diagnosing and treating breathing disorders.
Shortness of breath, chronic coughing, and chest pain are common warning signs of a breathing disorder. Our pulmonary specialists Hassan Abouhouli MD, Dallas Buck APRN, Joshua Moushon APRN, and Kallie Garrett APRN offer treatment and personalized solutions to the full spectrum of breathing disorders- from Asthma to Tuberculosis. Please call 918-307-5490 to schedule an appointment and receive the care YOU need.
Breathing Disorders FAQ’s
What are the common types of breathing disorders?
Although there are many different types of breathing disorders, below is a list of a few:
- Chronic bronchitis
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Cough sarcoidosis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Infections
- Pneumonia and pneumonitis
- Pulmonary fibrosis
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary embolism
How do you diagnose breathing disorders?
At the Pulmonary Sleep Center of Oklahoma, a full history and physical exam will be performed. You will be asked to have multiple tests completed based on your symptoms which may include, but not limited to:
- Spirometry (Pulmonary function testing)
- Blood work
- Other minor invasive procedures.
The treatments for breathing disorders are tailored to the cause and toward the individual patient.
How are breathing problems treated?
COPD: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease may be treated with up to, but not limited to, medications or a respiratory program, breathing tube, or a breathing device.
- Asthma: Treatment may include medications that will be tailored to your particular cause of asthma and the severity. Our team will teach you, if needed, on how to deal with surprise flare-ups to keep you from being surprised when it happens!
- Emphysema: Treatments may include counseling and/or medications to help you to quit smoking. You could also be prescribed oxygen or medications to help you breathe easier. Our knowledgeable team will tailor the treatments to meet your need!
- Bronchitis: You may be prescribed medication or oxygen to help you breathe easier. Exercise and physical activity may be a treatment option for you, but the treatment will be tailored for your specific need.
If you are seeking relief from breathing problems, our staff at Pulmonary & Sleep Center of Oklahoma is happy to help!
Call us today to schedule an appointment: 918-307-5490