There are between 50-70 million Americans that are affected by sleep disorders. At PSCO, our expert staff is here to get you the rest you need and deserve.
Hassan Abouhouli MD, Dallas Buck APRN, Joshua Moushon APRN, and Kallie Garrett APRN want to help you find a solution. Schedule an appointment today by calling our office at (918) 307-5490!
Sleep Disorder FAQ’s
What is sleep?
You are unconscious but your brain and body are still awake and functioning as normal. Not getting enough sleep is so much more than feeling tired. Your sleep, or lack of, has an impact on your physical and mental health and how you function throughout the day.
What are sleep disorders?
These are disorders that disturb your normal sleep pattern. There are many different sleep disorders; some of the common ones are:
- Insomnia – unable to fall asleep
- Sleep Apnea – when you stop breathing for 10 seconds or more while asleep
- Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS) – a tingling sensation in your legs that make you want to continually move them
- Hypersomnia – when you are unable to stay awake during the day
- Parasomnia – falling asleep in unusual ways like walking, talking, or eating.
How are sleep disorders diagnosed?
Sleep disorders are diagnosed by a physical exam, medical, sleep history, and a sleep study.
What are some treatments for sleep disorders?
- A healthy diet and exercise
- Relaxation techniques that could help reduce stress
- CPAP machine, used for sleep apnea
- Medications to help you fall asleep or stay awake
Our expert staff will diagnose and treat the cause of your sleep disorder. A variety of tests are available and our staff will help you coordinate the process.
Get help with your sleep disorders today by calling Pulmonary and Sleep Center of Oklahoma at 918-307-5490.